San Diegans Against Hate (SDAH) is a non-partisan, San Diego County based Political Action Committee. SDAH opposes local candidates who espouse hateful ideologies and supports those who advocate for inclusiveness and historically accurate teachings. SDAH works to ensure that students of all ages are taught an accurate portrayal of how Jews and other immigrants have been treated since arriving in the United States. SDAH also works to build allyship between Jewish and other marginalized communities.
1. Oppose candidates who support Liberated Ethnic Studies or any other curriculum which attempts to re-write the experience of Jewish Americans and what it means to be Jewish
2. Support candidates who support the CA Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum
3. Oppose candidates who support ANY kind of boycott of Israel or Israelis, mainly but not limited to the “BDS” movement
4. Support candidates who make comprehensive holocaust education a priority
5. Oppose candidates who state Jews are not native to the Middle East
6. Support candidates who will establish anti-bias training for students, teachers, and staff
7. Oppose candidates who compare the Jewish experience in United States to that of Europeans
8. Support candidates who express a willingness to learn and actively take steps to become better educated about antisemitism
9. Oppose candidates who promote antisemitic tropes such as dual loyalty, using money to control society or being at fault for any evil in the world
10. Support candidates in historically underserved communities who can help build alliances between the Jewish community and other marginalized groups
Jared Sclar is the principal and founder of the San Diego-based political consulting and public affairs firm, Jared Sclar & Associates.
Jared got his start on the 2016 campaign of Hillary Clinton for President, and has since worked on the campaigns of two members of the San Diego Congressional delegation: Scott Peters and Mike Levin.
An expert in local elections, Jared helped lead the successful campaign of current San Diego City Councilmember, Raul Campillo. Jared also spent a year-and-a-half as a senior aid to a San Diego council member.
Jared is an expert in municipal politics and is currently a consultant for seven local San Diego campaigns. He is proud to serve as Principal Officer and Co-Chair of the San Diegans Against Hate Political Action Committee.
Larry Kornit has spent over two decades as a spiritual advisor to members of the Jewish Community. He currently serves as the Cantor for Congregation B'nai Tikvah in Vista, CA where he has been since 2001. .
He is a current member of the Oceanside housing commission and ran for city council in 2018, and he previously worked for Senator Paul Simon and Congressman Abner Mikvah from Illinois.
Cantor Kornit possesses a powerful Tenor voice and sings in over 7 languages in genre’s including Show Tunes, Opera, Yiddish, Classical, Patriotic and Liturgical. He has a BA in Communications and an MBA in technology management.
Cantor Kornit and his wife Lauren have been married for 30 years and are the proud parents of 2 dogs, Lilly, a Cockapoo, and Widget, a Terrier mix, who are both rescues.